There is already so much buzz with the holiday season upon us and many of us are reevaluating some of our life choices from this past year. Have you ever thought of New Year’s resolutions as an opportunity to start making some positive changes in your life? These changes can either start today, tomorrow or right when the New Year begins. Now is your chance to sit down and make a list of all the important lifestyle changes you want to make to live your best life and not only that, but the ones you can truly accomplish.
What resolutions do you think will be useful to you, your family and your loved ones? If you are looking for an effective way to change your life for the better, then you will be sure to find a few resolutions below that will help you start your journey.
- Eating Healthier– This is usually a big resolution for many of us who may not like the way we look and want to do something about it. The first thing you want to do is create a list of foods that Switching to a healthier diet can be difficult especially when we are always surrounded by super cheap restaurants and drive throughs on every corner. There is a great amount non determination and basic tips to have you slowly develop incorporating these healthy eating habits. Learn how to control emotional eating if that is something you are working on and be aware of reasons for a diet or this to fail. Have some healthy recipes you can be sure to help make ahead of time so you’re not tempted to grab something at the last second that might set you back.
- Exercise – Losing weight is always a top resolution for many of us but it should also be combined with just staying fit and healthy for those that already have a work out schedule in place. It’s easy to start exercising and diet program but it’s finding one that will not only give you steady results but one you want to stick with. One way to really help you is by having a friend or relative join you in this challenge. If you have someone to push you through the difficult points, you both will come out on top. Start slow with walking around the block or just getting up early to begin a morning run. As things begin easier, add weights, set short and long term goals and do your best. It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon so know that the results will come if you keep at it every single day.
- Improve Your Mental Skills – So many of us have been trying ways to improve their focus and cognitive capacities for years. There are so many techniques, tools and apps to help us to just that. To help you succeed in your career, attending trainings, webinars and reading more about your particular field can help you in the long run. If you are in the medical field and want to help improve your training as a medical transcriptionist, a company located in the Atlanta area called iMedX can do just that. They offer a variety of ways to keep you feeling confident to transcribe the script that come your way to keep the patient’s chart up to date with their latest prognosis. Your job is extremely important in the medical field and the friendly staff at iMedX want to make sure you are equipped with the solutions, education and training to do your job not only correctly but accurately every single time.
- Take Chances – You’ve heard of the saying from Michael Jordan that discusses about the 99% of the shots he never took because he was scared to take the chance. Now is your time to start doing something you’ve been nervous to do the previous year. Taking the chance to do something you truly love, despite failure that may and probably will occur, will only make you more nervous. In order to boost your confidence, let people know what you are going to do so they can help you if needed.
- Earn More Money– Even the richest people still try and find ways to earn more money. To help you accomplish this task, think about what you are good at and offer your services. This can be anything to freelance writing, taking surveys, babysitting for friends and neighbors or helping a friend serve appetizers at a wedding or event over the weekend.
What are some Resolutions you’ve thought of in the past and did you accomplish them?